$10.95 – $16.95
Hemp Terry Prefolds are an all-round smart choice in cloth, they offer the simplicity of a traditional cloth nappy while being even more eco-friendly than regular cloth, as they are produced from a hemp/cotton blend which is soft and stretchy and only gets more supple and comfy with washing. Hemp is absorbent and kind to the planet, it is also naturally resistant to mold and mildew.
BUY MORE & SAVE: RAWr Stretchy Hemp Terry Prefold Value Packs
RAWr Nappies day time prefolds made from stretchy hemp terry and backed with soft hemp fleece:
Made from durable, environmentally friendly hemp in a 2x4x2 design making 8 layers of absorbency when folded.
New newborn prefolds sizes now in stock:
Size 0 (newborn to infant)
Size 1 (infant to baby)
Size 2 (baby to toddler)
Size 3 (toddler to preschooler)
to fit perfectly inside the 360 Cover.
- Size 0 (30.5×30.5cm before washing): To fit mini 360 Cover on it’s smallest rise setting, approximately 2.5kg – 6kg newborn baby.
- Size 1 (34x34cm before washing): To fit mini 360 Cover on it’s medium and large rise settings. Also fits 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up on their smallest rise setting, approximately 5kg – 10kg.
– Also fits inside our premium night nappies.
- Size 2 (40x40cm before washing): To fit 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up on it’s medium and large rise settings, approximately 6kg – 18kg.
– Also fits inside our premium night nappies.
- Size 3 (40x49cm before washing): To fit 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up at it’s largest, approximately 15kg – 24kg+
– Also fits inside the XL Stuff n Snap AIO Night Nappy.
RAWr Nappies hemp terry prefolds are designed to be ‘pad-folded’ and laid inside the 360 Cover, other PUL covers or the Toddler-One-Size Pocket to use as a simple, hardwearing and absorbent cloth nappy. They are easily boosted if required by placing an extra insert inside before folding. RAWr mini boosters, or trifolds are a perfect boosting solution.
Newborn prefolds are the perfect solution to ease into cloth nappies with your new baby.
Hemp Terry Prefolds can also be stuffed inside the Stuff n Snap AIO Night Nappy and Soakmaster 1000 Fitted Night Nappy which is a great night nappy solution for heavy wetters!
- listing is for one prefold nappy
- one of the most simple and economical solutions in cloth nappies
- hemp has antimicrobial qualities and is the most environmentally sustainable choice in cloth nappy fabrics
- made with a generous width and has natural elasticity for most folds that require fastening with pins or nappy fasteners
- soft, breathable and 20-30% more absorbent than cotton prefolds
- use pad folded in a cover or pocket shell, or fold and fasten with pins or a nappy fastener to use under a cover (read more about how to fold prefolds here)
- easy to clean, quick drying and can be dried in the dryer if required.
We recommend a thorough rinse after wear, followed by dry pailing (placing soiled nappies in a dry pail after rinsing, until washing) but advise against leaving a soiled prefold nappy and cover longer than 2 days without washing.
Warm-hot machine wash. Hang or lay flat to dry. No bleaching, fabric softener or soaking required. Bamboo and hemp fabrics shrink during their first few washes by 10-15%, if washed or rinsed in water above 60°C (not recommended or covered under warranty) this shrinkage could increase to up to 30%. Full RAWr Nappies care instructions are included with purchase and can be found here.
We prefer Tri Nature ALPHA PLUS laundry powder and pre-wash soaker for use with Modern Cloth Nappies, inserts, accessories and covers.
As with most small-run handmade products there can be variance in the colours of materials. The exact colour of RAWr Nappies’ fabric and thread may differ slightly from the picture on your screen or from previous product runs, we try to keep the nappies as uniform as possible from one run to the next but sometimes it just can’t be avoided – if you have any questions please contact us for more info!
Wholesale enquiries: Register an account and contact us. Minimum expected order amount $200 excl. postage.
Hemp Prefolds in Australia – Tasmanian owned Modern Cloth Nappies
Zero (30.5×30.5), One (34x34cm), Two (40x40cm), Three (40x49cm)
I have bought one size one and one size 2. My baby is not born yet so I'm waiting to try them on the baby. I bought them because the design is cute, I love the multi colour stitching. Hemp is know for antibacterial properties and good absorbancy. I think these will look really cute on without a cover for around the house. There was a pic of a baby wearing this prrgold without a cover, even though the description describes this as needing to be folded in 3 inside a cover. So the reason I'm giving 4 out if 5 so far rather than a 5 is because I wish there were more pictures to show whether it is possible to use this prefold without a cover. And the pros and cons of this. I understand it may not be an optimal shape. Or if it is really not recommended that this prefold be used with just pins or snappy, then I would ask whether you could design a product which can be used without the cover like many other prefolds on the market. Because they are so cute, its nice to have the option to not need a cover all the time. Also for me the stitched on label of the size 1 is cuter than the lose label of the size 2. I am really looking forward to trying these on my baby once born 🙂
Hey Amelia, thanks for your review. I am working on some instructional photos and demo videos of the hemp prefolds with the different ways they can be folded and used - with or without covers so keep an eye out! They can definitely be used with pins or snappy as they are nice and stretchy - just that they are primarily designed to be folded in three and placed in the cover is all, but it's all up to how every individual prefers to use them as they are such a versatile nappy option!
Love the hemp prefolds. Soft but sturdy and don't take as long to dry as hemp boosters/inserts.