A classic stash must-have, hemp is absorbent, trim, durable and eco friendly.
Classic Hemp Prefold:
- Size 0: approximately 0 – 3 months (2.5 to 5.5kg)
- Size 1: approximately 2 – 12 months (4.5 to 9kg)
- Size 2: approximately 6 months – 2.5 years (7.5 to 12kg)
- Size 3: approximately 2 – 6 years (11 to 24kg)
Newborn hemp prefolds are the perfect solution to ease into cloth nappies with your new baby.
Hemp prefolds are
- one of the most simple and economical solutions in cloth nappies
- hemp has antimicrobial qualities and is the most environmentally sustainable choice in cloth nappy fabrics
- made with a generous width and has natural elasticity for most folds that require fastening with pins or nappy fasteners
- soft, breathable and 20-30% more absorbent than cotton prefolds
- use pad folded in a cover or pocket shell, or fold and fasten with pins or a nappy fastener to use under a cover (read more about how to fold prefolds here)
- easy to clean, quick drying and can be dried in the dryer if required
- add a hemp trifold to boost for overnight use (10-12 hours).
We recommend a thorough rinse after use, followed by dry pailing (placing soiled nappies in a dry pail after rinsing, until washing) but advise against leaving a soiled nappy longer than 2 days without washing.
Warm-hot machine wash. Hang to dry or can be dried in electric dryer on cool setting. No bleaching, fabric softener or soaking required. Natural fabrics shrink during their first few washes by 10-15%, if washed or rinsed in water above 60°C (not recommended or covered under warranty) this shrinkage could increase to up to 30%. Full RAWr Nappies care instructions are included with purchase and can also be found here with a list of preferred detergents readily available in Australia. Avoid detergents containing bleaches or cellulase (commonly referred to as ‘enzymes’) as these will strip and break down organic fibres.
As with most small-run handmade products there can be variance in the colours of materials. The exact colour of RAWr Nappies’ fabric and thread may differ slightly from the picture on your screen or from previous product runs, we try to keep the nappies as uniform as possible from one run to the next but sometimes it just can’t be avoided – if you have any questions please contact us for more info!
Wholesale enquiries: Please head over to our wholesale portal and register your interest.
Hemp Prefolds in Australia – Tasmanian owned Modern Cloth Nappies