$11.95 – $360.00
Hemp Terry Prefolds are an all-round smart choice in cloth, they offer the simplicity of a traditional cloth nappy while being even more eco-friendly than regular cloth, as they are produced from a hemp/cotton blend which is soft and stretchy and only gets more supple and comfy with washing. Hemp is absorbent and kind to the planet, it is also naturally resistant to mold and mildew.
- RAWr 360 cover in either mini or one size fastened or tucked under the internal leak proof gusset,
- RAWr toddler pull up shell inserted in the pocket,
- Disana boiled wool nappy wrap laid in the wrap and fit as one piece,
- to boost the Disana muslin nappy square, tie on knitted nappies, or cotton nappy pants for day time use,
- or any other covers or pocket nappies.
Available in four sizes:
- Zero: 0 – 3 months (Up to 5.5kg)
- One: 2 – 12 months (4.5 to 9kg)
- Two: 6 months – 2.5 years (7.5 to 12kg)
- Three: 2 – 6 years (11 to 24kg)
Prefold Packs on Pre Order will start restocking from 10 Sept 19
Now available in quantities of 6, 12 and 24.
Click here to shop Value Packs including mini360 or 360 Covers at reduced prices.
Buy now, pay later – Afterpay and ZipPay available
BUY MORE & SAVE: RAWr Stretchy Hemp Terry Prefold Value Packs
RAWr Nappies day time prefolds made from stretchy hemp terry and backed with soft hemp fleece:
Made from durable, environmentally friendly hemp in a 2x4x2 design making 8 layers of absorbency when folded.
New newborn prefolds sizes now in stock:
Size 0 (newborn to infant)
Size 1 (infant to baby)
Size 2 (baby to toddler)
Size 3 (toddler to preschooler)
to fit perfectly inside the 360 Cover.
- Size 0 (30.5×30.5cm before washing): To fit mini 360 Cover on it’s smallest rise setting, approximately 2.5kg – 6kg newborn baby.
- Size 1 (34x34cm before washing): To fit mini 360 Cover on it’s medium and large rise settings. Also fits 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up on their smallest rise setting, approximately 5kg – 10kg.
– Also fits inside our premium night nappies.
- Size 2 (40x40cm before washing): To fit 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up on it’s medium and large rise settings, approximately 6kg – 18kg.
– Also fits inside our premium night nappies.
- Size 3 (40x49cm before washing): To fit 360 Cover or Toddler Pull up at it’s largest, approximately 15kg – 24kg+
– Also fits inside the XL Stuff n Snap AIO Night Nappy.
RAWr Nappies hemp terry prefolds are designed to be ‘pad-folded’ and laid inside the 360 Cover, other PUL covers or the Toddler-One-Size Pocket to use as a simple, hardwearing and absorbent cloth nappy. They are easily boosted if required by placing an extra insert inside before folding. RAWr mini boosters, or trifolds are a perfect boosting solution.
Newborn prefolds are the perfect solution to ease into cloth nappies with your new baby.
Hemp Terry Prefolds can also be stuffed inside the Stuff n Snap AIO Night Nappy and Soakmaster 1000 Fitted Night Nappy which is a great night nappy solution for heavy wetters!
- listing is for one prefold nappy
- one of the most simple and economical solutions in cloth nappies
- hemp has antimicrobial qualities and is the most environmentally sustainable choice in cloth nappy fabrics
- made with a generous width and has natural elasticity for most folds that require fastening with pins or nappy fasteners
- soft, breathable and 20-30% more absorbent than cotton prefolds
- use pad folded in a cover or pocket shell, or fold and fasten with pins or a nappy fastener to use under a cover (read more about how to fold prefolds here)
- easy to clean, quick drying and can be dried in the dryer if required.
We recommend a thorough rinse after use, followed by dry pailing (placing soiled nappies in a dry pail after rinsing, until washing) but advise against leaving a soiled nappy longer than 2 days without washing.
Warm-hot machine wash. Hang to dry or can be dried in electric dryer on cool setting. No bleaching, fabric softener or soaking required. Natural fabrics shrink during their first few washes by 10-15%, if washed or rinsed in water above 60°C (not recommended or covered under warranty) this shrinkage could increase to up to 30%. Full RAWr Nappies care instructions are included with purchase and can also be found here with a list of preferred detergents readily available in Australia. Avoid detergents containing bleaches or cellulase (commonly referred to as ‘enzymes’) as these will strip and break down organic fibres.
As with most small-run handmade products there can be variance in the colours of materials. The exact colour of RAWr Nappies’ fabric and thread may differ slightly from the picture on your screen or from previous product runs, we try to keep the nappies as uniform as possible from one run to the next but sometimes it just can’t be avoided – if you have any questions please contact us for more info!
Wholesale enquiries: Register an account and contact us. Minimum expected order amount $200 excl. postage.
Hemp Prefolds in Australia – Tasmanian owned Modern Cloth Nappies
PRE ORDER Zero (30.5×30.5), PRE ORDER One (34x34cm), Two (40x40cm), PRE ORDER Three (40x49cm)
Single, 6 Pack, 12 Pack (Save 5%), 24 Pack (Save 10%)
Perfect to use pad folded with Disana Tie-on Cotton Nappies. I find them better than the muslin and cotton liners as they fit easily with little-to-no folding laid inside the Tie-on. They fit my one year old well, and they can be used to boost night nappies for older kids, in my case a 3 and 4 year old. For a day option, I use the Hemp Prefold folded in three in the Disana Tie-on and after folding up the prefold over baby, you bring the back edges of the Disana nappy forward and secure tightly with a snappi over the prefold, and then you pull up the front part of the Disana Tie-on and secure it even further with the ties pulled around the back. I get 2 to 4 hrs wear depending on what baby has eaten. These Hemp prefolds become much more absorbant with multiple overnight soaking, and up to 8+ washes. They dry within a day in good weather, and I keep them soft by drying on delicate in the dryer for 30mins once they are pretty dry. Quality seems great, and my husband can put them on baby with no issues.
I have bought one size one and one size 2. My baby is not born yet so I'm waiting to try them on the baby. I bought them because the design is cute, I love the multi colour stitching. Hemp is know for antibacterial properties and good absorbancy. I think these will look really cute on without a cover for around the house. There was a pic of a baby wearing this prrgold without a cover, even though the description describes this as needing to be folded in 3 inside a cover. So the reason I'm giving 4 out if 5 so far rather than a 5 is because I wish there were more pictures to show whether it is possible to use this prefold without a cover. And the pros and cons of this. I understand it may not be an optimal shape. Or if it is really not recommended that this prefold be used with just pins or snappy, then I would ask whether you could design a product which can be used without the cover like many other prefolds on the market. Because they are so cute, its nice to have the option to not need a cover all the time. Also for me the stitched on label of the size 1 is cuter than the lose label of the size 2. I am really looking forward to trying these on my baby once born 🙂
Hey Amelia, thanks for your review. I am working on some instructional photos and demo videos of the hemp prefolds with the different ways they can be folded and used - with or without covers so keep an eye out! They can definitely be used with pins or snappy as they are nice and stretchy - just that they are primarily designed to be folded in three and placed in the cover is all, but it's all up to how every individual prefers to use them as they are such a versatile nappy option!
Love the hemp prefolds. Soft but sturdy and don't take as long to dry as hemp boosters/inserts.